Specially in summer every dog should drink even more water than usual. This great drink helps when they are not drinking as much as they should.
Serving size: 2 cups
Preparation time: 10 minutes
2 cups filtered still water
¼ cantaloupe melon, medium, organic
8 peppermint leaves, organic
¼ cucumber, organic
1. Fill the water into a pitcher.
2. Peel and cube the cantaloupe melon.
3. Wash the peppermint leaves.
4. Peel and cube the cucumber.
5. Add the melon, mint and cucumber to the water. Let infuse at room temperature for 1 hour.
6. Serve the water with the pieces of fruit and mint to the dog in a bowl.
7. Store left over drink in the fridge for up to one day.
Cantaloupe melon possesses anti-inflammatory qualities for dogs and is loaded with minerals and vitamins.
Cucumber is good for the dogs’ liver and kidney and also helps to reduce bad doggy breath. They contain silica which helps with joint health.
Peppermint helps with upset stomach, reduces gas and has been known to reduce radiation-induced sickness in animals undergoing radiation treatments like chemotherapy.