Serving size: 15 ounces
Preparation time: 30 minutes
2 ounces brown rice, organic
1 sweet apple, organic
12 ounces bone- and skinless chicken breast, from free range chicken
1 tablespoon coconut oil, organic
1. In a small saucepan, cook the brown in water (without salt) according to the instructions on the package, for approx. 20 minutes. Drain.
2. Wash the apple, remove all seeds und shred finely.
3. Rinse the chicken and cut into chunks.
4. Mix the cooked rice, the oil, the apple and the raw chicken. Serve immediately and don’t keep any left overs as the chicken is raw.
5. You can also use boiled or lightly fried chicken.
Brown rice can help dogs reduce several health risks like obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol, heart disease and some cancers. It is a great source of insoluble fiber and is rich in manganese, magnesium and selenium. Antioxidants promote weight loss.
Apples help to freshen your dog’s breath and are known for high levels of vitamin A and C. Always remove the seeds as they are a choking hazard!
Chicken is great for dogs and one of the main ingredients used in many kibble brands. Don’t be afraid of bacteria in raw chicken as dogs have an incredible immune system and lots of friendly bacteria in their digestive tract that are specifically designed to allow them to eat raw food. But NEVER serve raw or cooked chicken bones!
Yes, dogs can eat coconut oil and it is good for them; helps with digestion, improves coats, helps prevent infections and much more.